Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2009

we all lie about something.

whether it's something small like where we bought something, to something quite big. like who we are.
society is full or liars.
we are all one.
we all have a lie told about us.
we all tell lies.
even if it's the smallest thing, we have all told one. and there is no denying that.
i'm not trying to say it is a bad thing, because sometimes it makes everything easier, makes someone feel better, stops something bad from happening. but why do we do it?
why do we have the urge to not tell the truth?
what triggers that thought in our mind that says 'lie'?
i'd try and not lie, but then i would just be more of a liar for trying.
everyone twists the truth, even if its just the slightest amount.
it's just who we are.
but people shouldnt lie about themselves, who they are; because that's the one thing people rely on.
some rely on looks, but for quite a few people out there, it's personality.
myself, i prefer someone with a good personality, someone who i can talk to for hours on end and not get bored with.
we never get exactly what we ask for, but it would be too selfish to complain.

i'd be a liar if i said i was happy right now.
but i would also be a liar if i said i was sad.
my life is just in the middle
not too much happy, not too much sad. i can deal with that, it's well-balanced.

a very good friend of mine told me that they think everyone's eyes tell a story today.
and i complete agree with that.
if you look into someones eyes you can feel how someone is feeling and see what they are seeing.
my childhood was always strange. i don't know if it was a good childhood or not, but for the majority of it, i think i was happy.
i sometimes miss that little girl who was out everyday, who didnt care about anything but playing in the garden.



i wish i was more capable of remembering things. i would like to remember more of my Grandad, he passed away when i was 3. i would like to know what life would be like for me if he was still alive today.
we all say we dislike our parents at one point, and that they are no good. but are they truly that bad? i don't think they are. i'm grateful to my parents for everything they have ever done for me.

i've been reading 'A Child Called It.' lately and the boy's mother is vile. i can't come to terms with how a human being could be so mean.

"Once home, Mother ordered me to strip off my clothes and stand by the kitchen stove. I shook from a combination of fear and embarrassment. She then revealed my hideous crime. Mother told me that she had often driven to school to watch my brothers and I play during our lunch period recess. Mother claimed that she had seen me that very day playing on the grass, which was absolutely forbidden by her rules. I quickly answered that I never played on the grass. I knew Mother had somehow made a mistake. My reward for observing Mother's rules and telling the truth was a hard punch in the face.
Mother then reached over and turned on the gas burners to the kitchen stove. Mother told me that she had read an article about a Mother who had her son lie on top of a hot stove. I instantly became terrified. My brain became numb, and my legs wobbled. I wanted to disappear. I closed my eyes, wishing her away. My brain locked up when I felt Mother's hand clamp my arm as if it were a vice grip.
'You've made my life a living hell!' she sneered.
'Now it's time I showed you what hell is like!'
Gripping my arm, Mothet held it in the orange-blue flame. My skin seemed to explode from the heat. I could smell the scorches from my burnt arm. As hard as I fought I could not force Mother to let go of my arm. Finally I fell to the floor, on my hands and knees, and tried to blow cool air on my arm."

there are worse moments in the book, it's horrible.


finally it is the summer holidays. i was sitting on the bus on the way to town on saturday, listening to Coldplay. It was relaxing and it gave me time to think.
we always say how we are going to make the up-coming summer the 'best yet'
but we never do. this time i want to stick by making it the best yet, and make some memories.
suprisingly i already have, with the 4 days we have had off.
there is too many to write down, but i hope each day i spend with my friends is as good as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment